Fashion designer Marc Jacobs has been called one of the most powerful gay men in America. Seriously, they make lists like that. As the head of his self-named clothing line – as well as the creative director of Louis Vuitton – Marc Jacobs has become that rare hybrid celebrity fashion designer. He has famous friends (Winona Ryder, Sofia Coppola) and he’s had enough scandals to drown a lesser man.
Could a guy like this settle down? Maybe, maybe not. Women’s Wear Daily (story via People) is reporting that Marc and his boyfriend of a year are engaged. People has more:
Rumors have been swirling in the fashion world for months, but Women’s Wear Daily is now reporting that Marc Jacobs is engaged to his ad executive boyfriend Lorenzo Martone.
The couple has been dating for roughly a year and are allegedly going public with the news tomorrow when they arrive in Martone’s homeland of Brazil wearing rings.
The couple is headed to Sao Paolo to celebrate the designer’s multi-brand store, which opened in January. The 45-year old designer has another reason to celebrate this week – he was just nominated for the CFDA womenswear designer of the year award.
[From People Magazine]
Oh, Marc is getting himself a hot Brazilian husband! Well done. It could totally be possible that the rings they were wearing were just accessories. Or commitment rings, or something like that. I find it charming that the goalpost for gay couples has been officially moved by People Magazine. Now even a mainstream magazine like People is getting into the “are they getting married?” speculation for gay couples, which is awesome.
Here are Marc Jacobs and Lorenzo Martone at New York Fashion Week on February 16th. Images thanks to WENN.com.
Written by Kaiser
- Mariah Carey lip synced on American Idol [CDAN]
- Colin Firth is looking good [Lainey Gossip]
- Internet celebrity charged with murder! [D-Listed]
- What is Paz Vega wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- New bachelors on The Bachelorette [Reality Tea]
- Goodbye to The Office [Pajiba]
- Bachelor Sean’s fiance cheats on him [Evil Beet]
- Britney Spears out with her man [Popsugar]
- Nina Dobrev works it [Popoholic]
- Cindy Crawford needs to lay off the ‘tox [Celebslam]
- Who said it: Carrie Bradshaw or The Dalai Lama? [Buzzfeed]