Pop princess Avril Lavigne isn’t wasting any time following her split from husband Deryck Whibley. New reports say Lavigne, who was rumored to be messing around with oil heir Brandon Davis, is now spending time with another rich boy: Justin Murdock, heir to the Dole Food Company billions.
Avril Lavigne was partying like a single gal even before she and husband Deryk Whibley announced their split on Sept. 17. So it’s no shocker that the “Sk8er Boi” singer has already jumped into a new relationship – with Dole Food Company billionaire Justin Murdock. “Avril and Justin have been to Hawaii together but mostly they’ve been holed up at his place,” an insider tells Star. “Avril’s had a thing for Justin for a while.” Indeed, the two were caught getting close at L.A.’s Delux Bar last December.
But Avril, 25, isn’t ready to go public yet, says the insider. “That’s fine by him – it means they’ll spend more time alone!” As for Deryck, he stepped out with model Hanna Beth Merjos in Las Vegas on Oct. 2.
[From Star magazine print version, Oct. 19, 2009]
It sounds like both Avril and Derek are getting over each other pretty quickly. Chalk it up to getting married too young and being apart all the time, I guess. Various reports said that Deryck was crushed by the breakup and had hoped to have a child with Avril, but she was more interested in partying and jet-setting. But it looks like Avril’s all about the rich party boys now. According to Page Six, Murdock was previously linked to fellow socialite Ivanka Trump and actress/model Allison Gianni.
Written by MSat
- Mariah Carey lip synced on American Idol [CDAN]
- Colin Firth is looking good [Lainey Gossip]
- Internet celebrity charged with murder! [D-Listed]
- What is Paz Vega wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- New bachelors on The Bachelorette [Reality Tea]
- Goodbye to The Office [Pajiba]
- Bachelor Sean’s fiance cheats on him [Evil Beet]
- Britney Spears out with her man [Popsugar]
- Nina Dobrev works it [Popoholic]
- Cindy Crawford needs to lay off the ‘tox [Celebslam]
- Who said it: Carrie Bradshaw or The Dalai Lama? [Buzzfeed]