Olivier Martinez was seen yesterday at Bristol Farms, picking up groceries for the quarantine. I have many thoughts! I want to mix it up, so I’m making a list.
1. God, I’m so hungry for any kind of new photos of celebrities.
2. Dang, Olivier got old all of a sudden? He’s 54 years old, and it wouldn’t be notable except that he was *such* a heartthrob 15-17 years ago. Like, so pretty! Now he’s all grey and weary-looking. He’s giving Christoph Waltz vibes too, right?
3. His aviator-frame glasses! My dad had those in the 1980s. I realize people have been trying to make aviator-frames come back for years, but I’ve never bought it. I suspect Olivier didn’t choose the aviators to be cool either. I bet he was genuinely like “these are the best frames.”
4. No mask? Californians are being encouraged to wear masks now. We all are. Especially if we’re going to a closed-air space like a grocery store.
5. Of course the Frenchman needed an emergency quarantine baguette. OF COURSE! I bet his grocery shopping list was like “BAGUETTE, toilet paper, soap, strawberries, REMEMBER THE BAGUETTE.”
6. In case you’re wondering, Olivier has been living (most of the time?) in LA since he and Halle Berry finalized their divorce in 2017. The final months of their divorce were shockingly low-key, so much so that I forgot they happened. And Halle and Olivier never went through some huge tit-for-tat accusatory drama either. They successfully coparent their son and there’s no big public drama. Weird, right?
7. And finally, Halle actually posted an IG video recently of their son Maceo walking up stairs in her heeled boots. I couldn’t care less about a boy wearing his mom’s shoes, but I am concerned that the boy will injure himself in those heels!
Photos courtesy of Backgrid.
Seeing these aging celebrities truly reminds me that I’m getting old. I remember seeing SWAT when it came out in theaters…yikes.
As someone who has accepted their grey hairs for what they are, his look is working for him.
Yes! I actually think the grey hairs work! It’s just the glasses that throw me off
Glasses really make a big difference, don’t they? I was looking at recent photos of the band I’ve loved and followed since the 80s. I remembered the day my daughter and I met them at Sydney Airport. They were flying to Melbourne for a gig, and we were flying to Melbourne to attend their gig. We were plonked in amongst them and their support band on the flight down, so spent the trip down having the best time together. Because of miscommunication between stewards, there was a kerfuffle as we were being seated, and my daughter had to squeeze past the bass player, sitting in the aisle seat. She whispered to me, “I’m never washing again. Jay just touched my bum.” Last night, I showed her one of their recent photos, saying, “Look at that old guy who touched your arse that day.” She nearly fainted. Thing is, they, like me, have aged, but they wear really nice specs and still look cool.
I agree. I still find him sexy!
I’d hit it. But I’d hit just about anything at this point.
ahahahahaha! as would I, pamspam, as would I…
As much for the aerobic activity as the diversion…
bwa ha ha, too funny
I love the gray, hate the haircut.
hey, we’re all in lock-down! I can’t with anyone “hair shaming” right now. Mine is giving me hives all around my ears, neck and chest it needs a cut so bad. He’d look silly with all the head-bands and scrunchies and bobby pins I’m using, so please, leave the hair alone. And we who wear glasses still have our old ones in our cars in case of emergency, so maybe he’s wearing his old ones because he cannot access his ‘best’ ones. We don’t know.
He just needs to comb it back. No shaming.
Interesting now his look is as shitty as his personality.
I get a bit of a Billy Bob Thornton vibe from him.
And lol at the aviator commentary. I really like aviator sunglasses, they’re flattering to almost everyone. But aviator regular classes are just too hipster try hard and unflattering.
If you hadn’t identified him, I would not have recognized him at all.
Kind of fun seeing all these celebrities without their glam squads, their retouched photos, their good lighting and fancy clothes.
I am loving (!) this, too! Someone had tweeted something like they were amazed at how homeless celebrities looked after just 24 hrs into quarantine (just like us!) and I agree. I. LOVE.IT. Please, celebs, more unshaven faces, bed head hairdo’s, old tshirts w/stretched out necks, under eye bags. It’s almost become my fetish
I’m thinking back to the time when he was still with Halle and rudely punched out her ex boyfriend, Gabriel Aubry, who always seemed to be a nice guy and was just at her place to pick up their daughter for visitation. Ever since that time, I have a different attitude about Olivier, and think of him now as having an uncontrollable temper. Gabriel was banged up pretty well and I really felt badly for him. I think Olivier is probably living in L.A. now because of his son.
I never stopped wearing aviators (except for when Wayfarers were big in the 80s). I loved them in the 70s and I love them now.
My thoughts are, he’s still still sexy. He’s comfortable in his own skin and without a care. And if I’d taken a pic every time my boys pranced around in my heels, jewelry, makeup and robes, they might disown me lol. Nah, but their girlfriends might want to have a conversation at home that night lol. My oldest was hiding in lingerie departments buy the time he was three. And whenever I was in a shoe department, he’d bring me stripper shoes to try on. Shiny, gaudy, embellished, lucite, stilettos. “Honey those are fabulous, but not for running around with my little sweetheart, now let’s put these back.”
We are all powerless and indefensible against time. It truly ravages wow.
True, but I do feel that smoking tends to speed up the process.
I respectfully disagree. The man is good looking, whatever the color of his hair.
I’d still hit it.
He’s aged being married then divorced to CRAZY Halle…
I was just thinking of him in Unfaithful yesterday.. wow he was so hot.
Ahh no he legit looks like my dad now!! 🙈 he used to be sooo hot! @Kaiser – quarantine post idea: hot actors in their prime !!
Picture him with no glasses and different, better looking clothes. I think he’s fairly good-looking.
You said christoph waltz and I stopped to read the article
He has a handsome gray hair haha
He used to be soooo beautiful. Remember the movie he did with Helen Mirren where he was the gigolo? It seems his acting career dried up as his looks faded.
Waltz rocks his grey hair. Martinez needs a trim?
I think it is a combination of his hairstyle, those glasses and even his casual wear. There are pics of him from Halle Berry’s social media from fall 2018, for their son’s 5th birthday, where Olivier is already rocking grey hair. But Olivier was handsome in those pics because his hair is better styled. Fix his hair, get rid of the glasses and slap a suit on him and he would probably look a lot more attractive than here.
I mean – I wholeheartedly agree that BAGUETTE should be a main priority on anybody’s grocery list, quarantine or no quarantine, French or any other nationality lol