Alanis Morissette got married! To a “rapper” named Souleye. His real name is Mario Treadway, which actually sounds like a better rap name than Souleye. Imagine what fun you could have with “Tread to the Way, bitches!” Eh. So, I didn’t realize Alanis had a long-term boyfriend, much less a rapper named Souleye, but they’ve been together at least a year, I guess. We don’t have photos of the dude, but Just Jared does, and he’s nice-looking. Oohh… a few weeks ago Perez Hilton had a story about Alanis being maybe-pregnant. She went to the Prince of Persia premiere a few weeks ago wearing a loose gown, and I guess there were rumors. So is this a soul-eyed shotgun marriage?
Alanis Morissette is officially off the market!
The singer and the rapper Souleye, 30, (real name: Mario Treadway) tied the knot in an intimate ceremony with family present at their Los Angeles home on May 22, a source tells PEOPLE.
Morissette’s rep confirms the news. It is the first marriage for the couple, who wed a week before Morissette’s 36th birthday.
Granted, I don’t follow Alanis news, but I think this is probably kind of sudden, which does make me suspect a shotgun wedding. If it’s not, my bad, and God bless. Congratulations to Mario and Alanis and wishing them the best. The first thing I actually thought about was what strange taste she has in men – David Coulier and Ryan Reynolds, anyone? Souleye seems relatively normal from here.
Here are more photos of Alanis looking kind of knocked up at The Prince of Persia premiere:
Written by Kaiser
- Zach Galifianakis is awesome [Buzzfeed]
- Prince at the Billboard Music Awards [D-Listed]
- Bieber’s Billboard look [Go Fug Yourself]
- Married to Medicine recap [Reality Tea]
- Celebrity first marriages [Pajiba]
- The last Mad Men baffled a lot of people [Lainey]
- Karolina Kurkova’s crazy hot dress [Moe Jackson]
- Jennifer Garner on set [Popsugar]
- Kitten vs. Lizard [CDAN]
- Doetzen Kroes’ great butt [Celebslam]
- Shameless star Jeremy Allen White [OMG Blog]
- RIP Ray Manzarek [Bossip]