Prince is arguably a genius musician and songwriter, but what has always made Prince “Prince” is the unabashed hypersexual persona and lyrics. But all that is over now. Prince has dedicated his life to religion and his older fans and is no longer interested in the raunch that made him famous.
Talking about his determination, Prince told USA Today, “I did the Dirty Mind tour and pushed that envelope off the table. What I didn’t do, Madonna finished. I don’t want to go back. You have to get out of your own way.” He went on revealing the fact that he is a Jehovah’s Witness advocate has also contributed to his decision. Giving credit to the bible, which he often reads, Prince furthermore remarked “that’s another way faith has changed me.”
The hit maker openly admitted he no longer wants to write songs with lusty lyrics and perform dirty dancing on-stage because he does not want to offend his fans, who as time goes by have grown up and had children.
Prince says he doesn’t want to go back and that sometimes you have to get out of your own way. It’s a little astounding hearing the artist formerly known as an unspeakable symbol being so insightful and aware of someone outside his purple shroud. But it’s certainly good advice, even for those of us who aren’t 50-year old pop stars.
What a concept, growing with your core audience instead of shamelessly chasing after the children of the listeners who first made you a star. Hear that Madonna? Prince, singer songwriter of “Darling Nikki” of all things, has surpassed you in the maturing-beyond-shock-value thing.
Prince has released a book, “21 Nights,” based on the twenty-one consecutive nights of sold out shows he did in London in 2007. The book includes some of Prince’s original poetry, exclusive backstage photos and a CD called “Indigo Nights”. The CD is music recorded at some after-parties during the 3-week run and includes some new songs, sure to be family friendly enough to play in the mini-van when carpooling your kids.
Written by Ceilidh
Posted in Prince
- Harry Styles & Kimberly Stewart going strong [Lainey]
- Demi Moore’s new man is gross [D-Listed]
- Fug or fab: Emma Stone [Go Fug Yourself]
- Arrest warrant issued for Jenelle Evans [Reality Tea]
- Only God Forgives review [Pajiba]
- Hugh Jackman, scooter master [Buzzfeed]
- Who does Drew Barrymore call her sister? [Evil Beet]
- Cannes couples past and present [Popsugar]
- Arrested Development supercut [CDAN]
- Lea Michele’s see through skirt [Celebslam]
- Cheating wife’s lover escapes out of window [Movin925]
- Joe Francis is crazy [Starcasm]