This isn’t a breaking news story or anything, nor is it super-important in the grand scheme of things. This isn’t even one of the worst/funniest stories of Katherine Heigl’s diva insanity, but it totally made me laugh. According to Page Six, Dame Heigl took in a show of The Book of Mormon. Heigl’s family IS Mormon, right? I think they’re converts, if I’m not mistaken. Anyway, Heigl and her mom (her BFF and basically her only friend) showed up late, caused a commotion, and then Dame Heigl, in true Gloria Swanson fashion, sat through the show with her sunglasses on, puffing on her electronic cigarette.
Katherine Heigl caused quite a stir at a Saturday performance of “The Book of Mormon.” A spy reports the star and her mother arrived at the show 20 minutes after it started, and guests seated in her row had to get up. Ten minutes later, Heigl’s husband, Josh Kelly, showed up, and they had to move again to let him get to his seat next to her.
Attendees also said the “Grey’s Anatomy” actress “wore big dark sunglasses and discreetly bent down and puffed on an electronic cigarette during the show.”
Heigl’s rep had no comment.
[From Page Six]
You know what would have made this story better? Lady-turbans. If Dame Heigl and Mother Heigl had shown up in sunglasses (in a darkened theater), puffing on e-cigs and WEARING LADY-TURBANS. That would have been the height of celebrity discretion.
As I read this story, you know what I got as the subtext? JOSH is the third wheel, not Mother Heigl. Katherine and her mom do everything together, and they obviously wanted to see the show, and Josh just met up with them at the theater like a third wheel. How much longer is this marriage going to last?
Photos courtesy of Fame & WENN.
Written by Kaiser
- Mariah Carey lip synced on American Idol [CDAN]
- Colin Firth is looking good [Lainey Gossip]
- Internet celebrity charged with murder! [D-Listed]
- What is Paz Vega wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- New bachelors on The Bachelorette [Reality Tea]
- Goodbye to The Office [Pajiba]
- Bachelor Sean’s fiance cheats on him [Evil Beet]
- Britney Spears out with her man [Popsugar]
- Nina Dobrev works it [Popoholic]
- Cindy Crawford needs to lay off the ‘tox [Celebslam]
- Who said it: Carrie Bradshaw or The Dalai Lama? [Buzzfeed]