Two weeks ago, Brad Pitt filmed a segment for Ellen DeGeneres’ show in New Orleans. Ellen, who grew up in Louisiana, wanted to profile Brad’s Make It Right NOLA foundation, but she was also in New Orleans to host Brad’s MIR fundraiser too. Many celebrities came to New Orleans and donated money, and the event was a big success. Anyway, on today’s Ellen, she shows her interview with Brad, which was conducted in the Lower Ninth Ward where Make It Right is building all of these eco-friendly, sustainable, hurricane-resistant homes. Brad says that thus far, MIR has built 75 new homes. Can I just say? I haven’t seen footage of the neighborhood in a while, and I LOVE all of the bright homes. They’re so cute!
Brad aims for humility, and while I think he truly knows that he’s only one part of a larger movement, I do think part of his “humility” is just an act. He says, “I know but I’m getting far too much credit for this. This took a lot of very smart people coming in and attacking the situation. It took the families determined to come back and their resilience and they’re defining what this thing was going to be. I get far too much credit for bringing some really smart people together.” True. But he’s also the public face of Make It Right, and he’s the one doing the most press for the foundation, so just own it.
Also – I love the part about how one of the kids might end up an architect. Which kid is it? Zahara? Maddox? FAX?
Photos courtesy of Ellen’s show, Fame/Flynet.
Written by Kaiser
- Mariah Carey lip synced on American Idol [CDAN]
- Colin Firth is looking good [Lainey Gossip]
- Internet celebrity charged with murder! [D-Listed]
- What is Paz Vega wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- New bachelors on The Bachelorette [Reality Tea]
- Goodbye to The Office [Pajiba]
- Bachelor Sean’s fiance cheats on him [Evil Beet]
- Britney Spears out with her man [Popsugar]
- Nina Dobrev works it [Popoholic]
- Cindy Crawford needs to lay off the ‘tox [Celebslam]
- Who said it: Carrie Bradshaw or The Dalai Lama? [Buzzfeed]