The trailer for Les Miserables just leaked – I don’t think it was supposed to come out for another few weeks, maybe. So hopefully the video will hold and everybody will be able to see it (if not, I’ll try to find another video). The trailer is… uuuuuhhhhh. Les Miserables isn’t my taste, okay? I like musicals just fine, but I’m way more interested in Evita and Jesus Christ Superstar and Hair and Rent. Les Mis is just so depressing, and I think the songs are… emotionally cloying. Anne Hathaway (as Fantine) sings “I Dreamed A Dream” throughout this first trailer, and at first I thought, “Wow, her voice kind of sounds weak” – but if you listen to the whole thing, the emotion does get to you. The film also stars Russell Crowe (as Inspector Javert), Hugh Jackman (Jean Valjean), Amanda Seyfried (Cosette) and Samantha Barks (Eponine). Here’s the trailer:
It just feels like manipulation. And I always dislike Hollywood’s mindset of “We’re in a recession now, so people will be interested in a film about economic hardships.” No, we won’t. It’s STILL depressing. It really looks like Annie is going for that Oscar, though. We’ll see, Annie. We’ll see. My guess is that she puts herself up for Supporting Actress and the studio puts a lot of money behind her, and we’ll get interview after interview about her weight loss and hair loss. Transformation!!! The Academy loves a physical transformation.
Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet, stills courtesy of Cinema Blend.
Written by Kaiser
- Brad Pitt & Jimmy Fallon yodel [Pajiba]
- Jennifer Love Hewitt got her baby daddy a job [Lainey]
- D-Listed's comments are back! [D-Listed]
- What is Eva Longoria wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- Real Housewives of OC recap [Reality Tea]
- A candidate for next Taylor Swift boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Vintage gossip: Ava Gardner [Evil Beet]
- Popular celebrity baby names [Popsugar]
- Emma Roberts looking scrawny [Popoholic]
- Bear gets right next to guy in tree! [CDAN]
- Melissa Joan Hart and Ryan Reynolds? [Celebslam]
- Mariah Carey poses in monokini [Starcasm]