Jennifer Aniston has been the (Botox?)-face of SmartWater for several years now. She’s mostly done print ads for the company, but she’s also done at least one commercial that I know of. Aniston has a vested interested in SmartWater – she owns stock in the company, and she’s even done some “candid” photo-op modeling for the brand too. I’m sure she will continue to represent the brand for years to come, so Aniston now thinks it’s time to get her boyfriend involved. Yes, hipster Justin Theroux has gone completely corporate at this point – he’s helping Jennifer “write” a commercial for SmartWater. SELLOUT.
Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux are working on a short film spoofing the gossip coverage of their lives. One source tells Page Six, “It is a parody of the paparazzi and tabloid interest in Jennifer’s life.”
The movie will poke fun at nonstop speculation that Aniston could marry or get pregnant. The film, produced for Smartwater, is planned to be a new viral ad for the water brand she promotes. The source added that Theroux is helping Aniston write and direct the project, and they’ll shoot it in July.
“It is a parody of the paparazzi and tabloid interest in Jennifer’s life.” Ugh. I mean, I get it. All of the speculation is funny and gross and way too much, but I’m irritated because A) Aniston and her team actively engage in all of the speculation, and they definitely help certain storylines along but of course this commercial won’t be a parody of THAT and B) Once a celebrity (any celebrity) begins parodying their own celebrity, it’s just kind of lame and famewhore-y. Creating a commercial parody about the constant speculation seems like a move that Miley Cyrus would make, you know? I’m not opposed to JustJen becoming ONE in all matters, but for goodness sake – this is just dumb.
Photos courtesy of WENN, SmartWater ads.
Written by Kaiser
- The Blemish interviews Carmen Electra [The Blemish]
- Rumer Willis joins Pretty Little Liars [Lainey Gossip]
- Morgan Freeman falls asleep during interview [D-Listed]
- Fug or fab: Isla Fisher [Go Fug Yourself]
- Tamra Barney confirms spinoff [Reality Tea]
- Movie franchises that rebounded [Pajiba]
- Why Dylan McKay is the perfect boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Saoirse Ronan could have been a Lohan [Evil Beet]
- GIFs from Cannes [Popsugar]
- Cat massages a dog [CDAN]
- Heather Graham is so pretty [Celebslam]
- What is Lucy Hale wearing? [Moe Jackson]