Here’s the trailer for Brad Pitt’s latest film, Killing Them Softly. Pitt filmed this movie a while back in New Orleans – I think he filmed this before the neverending production of World War Z, right? Brad reunited with director Andrew Dominik, who Brad worked with on The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. Which Brad often cites as one of his favorite films that he’s ever worked on. Killing Them Softly premiered at the Cannes Film Festival this year, and the reviews were… solid. Not overwhelmingly great, but solid, and it’s believed that this film will be pushed for some big awards this coming season. Maybe even another acting nomination for Brad?
The basic story – well, it’s loosely based on the 1974 novel Cogan’s Trade. Brad Pitt plays a mob enforcer who comes to Boston to kill a couple of small-timers who robbed a mob card game. The film also stars James Gandolfini, Ray Liotta and Richard Jenkins. It’s nice to see Jenkins in a gritty role, but it seems like Gandolfini and Liotta’s casting is kind of… expected? Like, if there’s going to be a mob movie, you just have to cast those two dudes. Anyway, here’s the trailer:
Unfortunately for me, I’ve never found Brad Pitt more attractive than when he plays a slick mob dude. So… he’s really giving it to me here. As I said, Jenkins looks interesting, as do the “small time crooks”. But Liotta and Gandolfini seem to be sleepwalking through their roles a bit. That’s just my initial thought – I like both men a great deal, and it will be interesting to see them act opposite Brad Pitt.
Photos courtesy of WENN.
Written by Kaiser
- Brad Pitt & Jimmy Fallon yodel [Pajiba]
- Jennifer Love Hewitt got her baby daddy a job [Lainey]
- D-Listed's comments are back! [D-Listed]
- What is Eva Longoria wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- Real Housewives of OC recap [Reality Tea]
- A candidate for next Taylor Swift boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Vintage gossip: Ava Gardner [Evil Beet]
- Popular celebrity baby names [Popsugar]
- Emma Roberts looking scrawny [Popoholic]
- Bear gets right next to guy in tree! [CDAN]
- Melissa Joan Hart and Ryan Reynolds? [Celebslam]
- Mariah Carey poses in monokini [Starcasm]