Last March, Elizabeth Banks announced that she and her husband Max Handelman had welcomed their first child, a son named Felix, via gestational carrier. In her announcement, Elizabeth discussed her struggles with fertility and how close she and her husband became to the woman who carried their child. Well, 18 months later, Elizabeth has a new announcement: she’s a mom again! Elizabeth and her husband welcomed their second son at some point…? Here’s Elizabeth’s post on her blog:
As 2012 winds down and Thanksgiving approaches, I have much for which to be thankful – personal, professional, and Presidential.
However, nothing can match the joy and excitement my husband and I felt when we recently welcomed our second baby boy, Magnus Mitchell Handelman.
Magnus joins older brother Felix, thus commencing a decade or more of close hand to hand combat.
Like Felix, Magnus was born via gestational surrogate. This experience has exceeded all expectations, taught us a great deal about generosity and gratitude, and established a relationship that will last a lifetime. I am also so very thankful to our family and friends for their support throughout this process, as well as the Center for Surrogate Parenting for helping make all this possible.
I now turn my attention to managing two boys under two. For which I am thankful. And all their poop. For which I am less thankful.
Wish me luck.
Congrats to Elizabeth and Max! I love her, totally and completely. Previously she had been so open about her fertility struggles, and my heart just went out to her. I wonder if she used the same surrogate? Probably not…? Do the surrogacy agencies encourage surrogates to wait a certain amount of time before getting pregnant again?
As for the baby’s name… Magnus Mitchell. Hm. I liked his big brother Felix’s name a lot, but I’m not crazy about Magnus. It’s a “big” name for a baby, and it’s a little bit pretentious. Maybe it’s a family name? I just don’t want to admit that I dislike Elizabeth’s baby name because I like her so much.
Photos courtesy of WENN.’
Written by Kaiser
- Friends reunion on Ellen [Popsugar]
- Lindsey Vonn watches Tigers kids [Lainey Gossip]
- George Michael fell out of a car going 70mph [D-Listed]
- Real Housewives of Orange County recap [Reality Tea]
- New Man of Steel trailer [Pajiba]
- Jared Padalecki’s hot bod [Buzzfeed]
- Doctors confirm Taylor Swift’s new boobs [Evil Beet]
- Catherine Zeta-Jones finished treatment [CDAN]
- Anna Paquin hates the paps [Celebslam]
- Lance Armstrong is gross [The Blemish]
- What is Barbara Palvin wearing? [Moe Jackson]
- This is Petra Nemcova? [SVC]