I forgot that Lily Allen got knocked up just a few months after giving birth to her daughter Ethel Mary! But it’s true. Lily gave birth to Ethel Mary Cooper in November 2011, and now she’s given birth to a second daughter. Lily and her husband Sam Cooper named their baby girl Marnie Rose!
Lily Allen has a new reason to “Smile” — just-born daughter Marnie Rose Cooper! The 27-year-old British singer and husband Sam Cooper became second-time parents when Allen recently gave birth to a baby girl in London, her rep confirms to Us Weekly. Allen then acknowledged the good news herself on Twitter on Thursday Jan. 10, writing, “Quite overwhelmed by all the well wishing going on. THANKYOU everybody x x x”
The new mom hinted earlier this month on the social media site that she was due to give birth any day now. “Thought I was in labor but I just need to fart,” she joked on New Year’s Day. The next afternoon, Jan. 2, she added: “My husband is currently making me a Pantera mix CD to take to the birthing suite. #cute”
Two days later, however, she still hadn’t popped. “3rd curry this week,” she tweeted. (Spicy food is sometimes suggested to help induce labor naturally.) “Nothing. #cozywomb”
Allen and her husband of two years welcomed their first child, daughter Ethel Mary, on November 25, 2011. Less than a year later, the singer was pregnant again.
“It was a surprise but Lily and Sam are thrilled,” a source told the Daily Mirror, which first broke the news of the star’s second pregnancy. “The pair of them have loved every minute of parenthood so far and wanted to expand their brood quickly. So it’s great timing.”
I’m not sure how much of a “surprise” it was – I think Lily just had a bad run for a few years with some really tragic miscarriages, and once she was finally able to carry to term, she just didn’t want to stop. I’m glad she was able to carry two healthy babies to term, and congrats to Lily and Sam. I’m also glad she’s got two little girls – she seems like the kind of girl who loves having daughters.
Photos courtesy of WENN.
Written by Kaiser
- The Blemish interviews Carmen Electra [The Blemish]
- Rumer Willis joins Pretty Little Liars [Lainey Gossip]
- Morgan Freeman falls asleep during interview [D-Listed]
- Fug or fab: Isla Fisher [Go Fug Yourself]
- Tamra Barney confirms spinoff [Reality Tea]
- Movie franchises that rebounded [Pajiba]
- Why Dylan McKay is the perfect boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Saoirse Ronan could have been a Lohan [Evil Beet]
- GIFs from Cannes [Popsugar]
- Cat massages a dog [CDAN]
- Heather Graham is so pretty [Celebslam]
- What is Lucy Hale wearing? [Moe Jackson]