Oh, snap! Here’s a split I didn’t see coming. Us Weekly has confirmation that Oscar winners Kate Winslet & Sam Mendes are calling it quits. They were married in 2003, and they have one child together, son Joe, who is 6 years old. Kate also has a daughter with her first husband, daughter Mia, who is 9. Mendes won the Best Director Oscar for his first feature film, American Beauty, in 2000. Kate won her first Oscar last year, for her performance in The Reader.
Kate Winslet has split from her husband, film director Sam Mendes.
In a statement, London-based Schillings law firm tells UsMagazine.com: “Kate and Sam are saddened to announce that they separated earlier this year. The split is entirely amicable and is by mutual agreement. Both parties are fully committed to the future joint parenting of their children. They ask that the media respect the privacy of the family.”
Winslet wed Mendes in 2003. They have a son Joe, 6.
She was previously wed to Jim Threapleton, with whom she has a daughter, Mia, 9.
[From Us Weekly]
This is sad. I thought they were a really solid, grounded couple. Although, now that we can look back, maybe there were signs that they were having problems? Kate is in the middle of taking some time off from Hollywood to focus on her family. And Kate has always been pretty honest about her struggles as a working mother, and the time away from her husband and kids while she’s working. As far as Sam goes, I really don’t know that much about him. Is he capable of cheating on Kate? Maybe. Is she capable of cheating on him? Maybe. We’ll see if there are any more scandals with this couple yet to come.
Oh my God, do you think she and Leonardo will finally find their way to each other?!?
Written by Kaiser
- Mariah Carey lip synced on American Idol [CDAN]
- Colin Firth is looking good [Lainey Gossip]
- Internet celebrity charged with murder! [D-Listed]
- What is Paz Vega wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- New bachelors on The Bachelorette [Reality Tea]
- Goodbye to The Office [Pajiba]
- Bachelor Sean’s fiance cheats on him [Evil Beet]
- Britney Spears out with her man [Popsugar]
- Nina Dobrev works it [Popoholic]
- Cindy Crawford needs to lay off the ‘tox [Celebslam]
- Who said it: Carrie Bradshaw or The Dalai Lama? [Buzzfeed]