Last week, LaineyGossip was the first site (to my knowledge) to point out a particular bitchy/hilarious/nasty RE-tweet on Elisabetta Canalis’s Twitter account. Canalis had re-tweeted this message (in Italian): “I’m flipping through the new Rolling Stone. Iggy Pop on the cover is the double of Jennifer Aniston.” Well… the sh-t hit the fan. I covered the story here, and many, many publications covered it as well, including Canalis’s later denial that she had done anything. Canalis wrote (in English): “I JUST RED ON GOOGLE that I TWEETED something bad about J Aniston,let me be clear,it’s a complete LIE,I would never do that!!” So, total denial. Except that now Elisabetta’s Twitter account has been totally cancelled.
LaineyGossip thinks that George Clooney “finally stepped in” because “Ely is trying to work in America now. And there’s no working in America right off the get if you piss on the MiniVan Majority’s favourite best friend. More importantly, George Clooney can’t afford to cut those bitches off either. So Ely is no longer tweeting.” Or it could have nothing to do with Aniston, and more to do with the sudden realization many of us had that Canalis isn’t all that bright. The whole incident reeked of a Lohan-esque shenanigan, and the veil was lifted. Of course, both George and Ely were smart enough to know that they both looked like idiots.
Of course, there is something to the theory that George and Ely were terrified of Aniston’s most rabid fans. The comments on this site alone went batsh-t insane with our two stories, and I imagine it was like that on other sites as well. Canalis made some lifelong enemies with that one little re-tweet.
Thanks to LaineyGossip for the story!
Here are some photos of George at the Spike TV event on Saturday:
Written by Kaiser
- Brad Pitt & Jimmy Fallon yodel [Pajiba]
- Jennifer Love Hewitt got her baby daddy a job [Lainey]
- D-Listed's comments are back! [D-Listed]
- What is Eva Longoria wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- Real Housewives of OC recap [Reality Tea]
- A candidate for next Taylor Swift boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Vintage gossip: Ava Gardner [Evil Beet]
- Popular celebrity baby names [Popsugar]
- Emma Roberts looking scrawny [Popoholic]
- Bear gets right next to guy in tree! [CDAN]
- Melissa Joan Hart and Ryan Reynolds? [Celebslam]
- Mariah Carey poses in monokini [Starcasm]