Would you have thought to put Megan Fox and Dominic Monighan together for a music video? I wouldn’t have. Megan Fox, maybe – she has “video girl” written all over her, and that really should have the height of her career, honestly. But, considering she was once the hottest thing in Hollywood, starring in a music video seems like it should be a step down, even if the video is for an Eminem and Rihanna song that will likely be one of the biggest hits of the year. As far as Dominic – well, I love him. He’s a cheeky bugger, and I don’t buy him as an abusive bastard.
Yeah – that’s the whole thing about this video. It’s about an abusive couple. I mean, I guess Dominic isn’t the only one doing the beating…? Megan gets some punches in there too, and they make like it’s sexy to be abusive…?
A couple of things: Megan Fox seems like the one consistently starting the abuse, right? And it has the potential to be disturbing, only Megan is such a terrible actress, and I can’t even buy it. Dominic is good though. Also: the CGI flames are really budget. Meh.
So people are already complaining about the glamorization of domestic violence (and not to mention arson, right?). EW calls the video dramatic and sexy, but still acknowledges that this is maybe not the best way to deal with this subject. I have to admit – Dominic is acting his ass off, right? He’s kind of wonderful in this video.
Written by Kaiser
- Brad Pitt & Jimmy Fallon yodel [Pajiba]
- Jennifer Love Hewitt got her baby daddy a job [Lainey]
- D-Listed's comments are back! [D-Listed]
- What is Eva Longoria wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- Real Housewives of OC recap [Reality Tea]
- A candidate for next Taylor Swift boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Vintage gossip: Ava Gardner [Evil Beet]
- Popular celebrity baby names [Popsugar]
- Emma Roberts looking scrawny [Popoholic]
- Bear gets right next to guy in tree! [CDAN]
- Melissa Joan Hart and Ryan Reynolds? [Celebslam]
- Mariah Carey poses in monokini [Starcasm]