Obama read the top ten list on David Letterman last night, which was the “Top Ten Surprising Facts about Barack Obama.” Obama was on via satellite and recited the list with a smile, which was predictably cheesy but well delivered:
10. My first act as president will be to stop the fighting between Lauren and Heidi on “The Hills”
9. In the Illinois primary, I accidentally voted for Kucinich
8. When I tell my kids to clean their room, I finish with, “I’m Barack Obama and I approved this message”
7. Throughout high school, I was consistently voted “Barackiest”
6. Earlier today I bowled a 39
5. I have canceled all my appearances the day the “Sex and The City” movie opens
4. It’s the birth place of Fred Astaire (Sorry, that’s a surprising fun fact about Omaha)
3. We are tirelessly working to get the endorsement of Kentucky Derby favorite Colonel John
2. This has nothing to do with the Top Ten, but what the heck is up with Paula Abdul?
1. I have not slept since October
Obama is gradually getting positive press again after a controversy involving his pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, who spouted ridiculous conspiracy theories in sermons leaked online and was generally mocked in the media. Obama has denounced Wright’s statements after initially hoping that the issue would die down on its own. He
is now neck and neck with has about a 200 delegate lead over Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primary after a wider early lead.
Hillary was on The O’Reilly Factor on Fox yesterday, and she said that voters would decide if the Rev. Wright controversy mattered to them. She called Wright’s remarks “offensive and outrageous.”
Obama’s segment starts at about a minute into the clip below: