Previously, the only opinion I had ever formed regarding Victoria’s Secret model Candice Swanepoel was “Oh, Megan Fox! No, that’s not Megan. It’s just some blonde chick who had Megan’s 2008 Face.” Also, in my mind, as I’m reading her name to myself, I pronounce it “Swamp Pole”. For no reason other than the fact that I can’t be bothered to learn how it’s actually pronounced. Anyway, these are new photos of Candice yesterday, doing two events for Victoria’s Secret. As you can see, chica is THIN. Really, really thin. How thin? For comparison, this is a photo of Candice from last August:
She was thin, but she looked healthy. She looked like she regularly dined on yogurt and strawberries, every other day. The new, radically thin Candice is now becoming a topic of conversation:
When South African stunner Candice Swanepoel made an appearance Wednesday in Los Angeles to model the new line of swimwear by Victoria’s Secret, her slight figure caused a major stir.
Overnight, buzz cropped up about Swanepoel’s seemingly shocking weight loss, given that she appeared thinner in L.A. than she had in photos taken only months earlier. HollywoodLife.com went so far as to call her “scarily, skeletally, stick-thin” and CBSNews.com called her “startlingly slim.”
During New York Fashion Week in November, Swanepoel, 22, told ABCNews.com that she was having trouble keeping weight on. “Actually, this year my problem has been more putting the weight on and getting muscle on because it’s been really busy,” she said. “I’ve been traveling around like crazy. I get skinnier if I’m very busy.”
Calls to reps for Victoria’s Secret were not immediately returned.
You can say what you will about Vicky’s Secret promoting an unhealthy body image, etc, but I give them credit for choosing models who look healthy. This does not look healthy, and it makes me wonder if someone from Vicky’s isn’t sitting down with Candice and offering her some Doritos and a milkshake.
Photos courtesy of WENN.
Written by Kaiser
- Brad Pitt & Jimmy Fallon yodel [Pajiba]
- Jennifer Love Hewitt got her baby daddy a job [Lainey]
- D-Listed's comments are back! [D-Listed]
- What is Eva Longoria wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- Real Housewives of OC recap [Reality Tea]
- A candidate for next Taylor Swift boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Vintage gossip: Ava Gardner [Evil Beet]
- Popular celebrity baby names [Popsugar]
- Emma Roberts looking scrawny [Popoholic]
- Bear gets right next to guy in tree! [CDAN]
- Melissa Joan Hart and Ryan Reynolds? [Celebslam]
- Mariah Carey poses in monokini [Starcasm]