I saw this video (^above^) last night, and it really creeped me out. At first, I only read the transcript, and I thought, “Oh, that’s not so bad. Jim Carrey is just declaring his love for a young actress, it’s kind of sweet. Everyone loves Emma Stone and her vagina dust ruffles.” But then I saw the video, and… NO, it’s just creepy. Jim Carrey put the camera right up to his face, the way you would if you were making a hostage plea or a suicidal rant. Plus, I have discomfort because I worry about Jim’s mental health, and this kind of thing piques my concern-troll. Here’s the transcript:
I just wanted to let you know that I think you’re all the way beautiful. Not just pretty, but, you know, smart and kindhearted. And if I were a lot younger, I would marry you, and we would have chubby little freckled faced kids. We’d laugh all day long and go camping and play Yahtzee and tell ghost stories by the fire. And the sex?
Everyday for the rest of your life, you would thank God that I was the appropriate age for you. But I’m not. I’m 49. I have lines on my face, sometimes a little grey in my beard, and it takes me a little longer to pee than it used to. Those are the only discernable signs of aging that I can find so far. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know how I felt. You’re pretty special, and I wish you continued success and artistic fulfillment, but most of all, I wish you love and contentment. That’s all.
He’s 49, she’s 22. What would you do if some dude 27 years older than you made a vlog about how he wanted to get you pregnant? Would you alert the authorities? Or would you just laugh it off as harmless? I do think it’s harmless, by the way. Like, Emma’s not in any danger, and Jim’s interest in her, while creepy, is inoffensive. I don’t know… I would probably take it as a compliment and just move on. Which is what Emma will probably do, I guess.
Photos courtesy of WENN.
Written by Kaiser
- Mariah Carey lip synced on American Idol [CDAN]
- Colin Firth is looking good [Lainey Gossip]
- Internet celebrity charged with murder! [D-Listed]
- What is Paz Vega wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- New bachelors on The Bachelorette [Reality Tea]
- Goodbye to The Office [Pajiba]
- Bachelor Sean’s fiance cheats on him [Evil Beet]
- Britney Spears out with her man [Popsugar]
- Nina Dobrev works it [Popoholic]
- Cindy Crawford needs to lay off the ‘tox [Celebslam]
- Who said it: Carrie Bradshaw or The Dalai Lama? [Buzzfeed]