I’m glad that so few women were wearing Marchesa last night, although I would have wished Marchesa on Stacy Keibler, you know? Her bronze shiny number was Marchesa of course and Kaiser will be covering that in its full glory soon. Also in Marchesa was poor Sandra Bullock, in a black and white number that looks like two pieces from different dresses stuck together with some silver coral duct tape. Sandra was stunning in Marchesa in 2010 when she won the Best Actress Oscar, but the designer let her down this time. This dress not pretty, it’s not particularly flattering and it’s not tailored for her at all. It just kind of hung there like a limp excuse for a fancy dress. It had a draped back and a fishtail too. It was like a bunch of different ideas for a dress jammed together into one confusing whole.
Plus, I know I’m going to get heat for this because even when things look obvious to me others will disagree, but her face looked very frozen to me. Maybe it was partially the effect of her ponytail, but Sandra looked pulled tight. It’s probably just some fillers and maybe light Botox. At one point when she was talking to ABC’s Louise Rowe I noticed that she was able to crinkle her forehead, though. She told Louise that the dress was her first choice, one she should have rethought in my opinion. “Usually you find one [gown] and you make your way to others and you come back to your original choice.”
When she was presenting the award for Best Foreign Language film, which went to Iran’s A Separation, Sandra claimed she would read the nominees in Chinese, but she actually spoke German. Her late mother was German. It was one of several presenting gags that fell flat last night.
I’ll say something nice – her dress looked better at the VF Oscar Party. Maybe it needs to be lit correctly.
Photo credit: Fayes Vision/WENN.com and Fame Flynet
Written by Celebitchy
- Who butchered the National Anthem? [D-Listed]
- Rob Lowe never ages [Lainey Gossip]
- What is Vanessa Hudgens wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- Summer guide to reality TV [Reality Tea]
- Game of Thrones recap [Pajiba]
- Tan Mom’s music video [Buzzfeed]
- Amanda Knox is broke [Starcasm]
- Backstage at the Billboard Awards [Popsugar]
- Miley is still stuck in the 90s [Popoholic]
- Blind Items revealed: Adam Levine [CDAN]
- Hugh Hefner bought Crystal Harris a house [Celebslam]
- What happened to Aimee Teegarden? [The Blemish]