These are some just-released photos of this evening’s Cannes Film Festival premiere of The Paperboy, starring Nicole Kidman, John Cusack, Zac Efron and Matthew McConaughey. I already covered today’s earlier photo call here. For the premiere, Nicole wore this… raspberry (?) Lanvin gown. I’m usually not big on Lanvin – I think the label is so overrated – but this is a lovely dress, and it looks great on Nicole. It’s a much better color for her than that orange-red earlier to day. I’m also loving her hairstyle here – I love a loose updo. My one complaint? I really feel like Nicole tweaked her nips before walking the red carpet. Either that, or it’s really cold in Cannes?
Incidentally, the early reviews of The Paperboy have been BRUTAL. Most critics think it’s a POS, and Nicole Kidman is a total hot mess in it. Vulture carried a spoiler-filled piece about one particular scene in the film – apparently, Zac Efron gets tung by a jellyfish and Nicole’s character urinates all over his chest. And Nicole is actually doing it, for real, on screen. You can read the Vulture piece here.
More photos – Nicole’s Botox-face looks better in these pics. The back of her dress is really cool too – that backstrap thing is nice. John Cusack looks like hell. Zac Efron looks 14 years old.
Photos courtesy of WENN.
Written by Kaiser
- True Blood premiere party photos [Buzzfeed]
- Who went to Courtney Cox’s birthday dinner? [Lainey]
- Guy freaks out at Wendy’s [D-Listed]
- Fug or Fab: Amy Adams [Go Fug Yourself]
- Real Housewives of New Jersey recap [Reality Tea]
- Community’s Dan Harmon apologizes [Pajiba]
- Ozzy and Sharon are back together [Evil Beet]
- Matt Latner wedding photos [Popsugar]
- Kanye West’s mistress changes her story [CDAN]
- Kate Moss is drunk [Celebslam]
- Maniac film review [Moe Jackson]
- Texas mom runs over carjacker [Starcasm]