Just yesterday, Nick Cannon was discussing parenting styles and how different he and Mariah Carey are with their twins. When discussing diaper duty, Nick admitted that he changes more diapers than Mariah and said, “I mean we all do it but, for some reason, I get that duty a little bit more. I am not scared of it. I go in, I put the gloves on. Real men change diapers!” Then he called Mariah a diva. Because of course. I bring this up because Star Magazine has a crazy story about what Mariah considers suitable lotion for her babies’ butts. I shall not hold you in suspense: Star claims Mariah is smearing thousands of dollars’ worth of La Mer on her babies’ behinds. For the love of…
Celebs don’t hesitate to spoil their offspring, but Mariah Carey’s twins, Monroe and Moroccan, have a beauty regime that even A-list adults would balk at! Not only do Mariah and hubby Nick Cannon drop big bucks on designer baby shoes, imported Italian crib linens and bubble baths using only bottled water, but the ultrarich parents use pricey La Mer moisturizer as diaper cream!
It’s $150 for one once, but Mariah spends $1900 per massive 16-ounce jar and only uses it on her 18-month-old twins’ delicate fannies.
“Nothing is too good for Mariah’s babies,” a friend says. “She probably spends more than $6000 a month on the lotion alone so the kids don’t have diaper rash.”
But Mariah is still practical about waste: “She uses what’s left over on her own face – why not?”
[From Star Magazine, print edition]
I’ve wanted to get a jar of La Mer for a while. But at the end of the day, I am a cheap bitch and I’m fine with my Oil of Olay. On one side, I kind of see Mariah’s thought process here – she can afford it and why not? What could it hurt? The babies probably aren’t allergic to anything in La Mer (I think they would have had an allergic reaction by now if they were), and La Mer is THE BEST. On the other side… they’re just babies. What could it hurt to actually use baby products on Roc and Roe?
Photos courtesy of Dem Babies.
Written by Kaiser
- The Blemish interviews Carmen Electra [The Blemish]
- Rumer Willis joins Pretty Little Liars [Lainey Gossip]
- Morgan Freeman falls asleep during interview [D-Listed]
- Fug or fab: Isla Fisher [Go Fug Yourself]
- Tamra Barney confirms spinoff [Reality Tea]
- Movie franchises that rebounded [Pajiba]
- Why Dylan McKay is the perfect boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Saoirse Ronan could have been a Lohan [Evil Beet]
- GIFs from Cannes [Popsugar]
- Cat massages a dog [CDAN]
- Heather Graham is so pretty [Celebslam]
- What is Lucy Hale wearing? [Moe Jackson]