I haven’t written anything about Jonathan Rhys Meyers in nearly a year and a half. Back in June 2011, it was widely reported that Jonathan either attempted suicide by overdose, or that he accidentally overdosed/relapsed in London. He has a long history of substance abuse and of acting like a douche while under the influence (of drugs, maybe, but he’s definitely an alcoholic). He was hospitalized and since then he’s kept pretty quiet, except for the odd report about how he was still using and abusing after that June 2011 incident.
So it’s nice to see him out and about. These are photos of Jonathan and Natalia Vodianova doing press in Moscow for their film Belle du Seigneur. They filmed this together back in 2010, I believe. I wonder why it’s taken this long to come out? It doesn’t even have an American or European release date – so far, it’s only being released in Russia (maybe because Natalia is Russian). As for how affectionate Natalia and Jonathan seem… I don’t know. He’s so damaged and she’s so Russian. Reportedly, JRM and his long-time girlfriend Reena Hammer were done last year, but I don’t know if that breakup stuck, or if JRM is seeing anyone right now. Natalia divorced one really rich dude and last I heard, she was dating Antoine Arnault, heir to the LVMH fortune.
Incidentally, Jonathan is working again – next year, he’ll have a new TV show. A television adaptation of Dracula. I think it’s for network television too, so don’t expect JRM to spend the entire show randomly vampire-boning lovely ladies.
Photos courtesy of WENN.com.
Written by Kaiser
- Mariah Carey lip synced on American Idol [CDAN]
- Colin Firth is looking good [Lainey Gossip]
- Internet celebrity charged with murder! [D-Listed]
- What is Paz Vega wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- New bachelors on The Bachelorette [Reality Tea]
- Goodbye to The Office [Pajiba]
- Bachelor Sean’s fiance cheats on him [Evil Beet]
- Britney Spears out with her man [Popsugar]
- Nina Dobrev works it [Popoholic]
- Cindy Crawford needs to lay off the ‘tox [Celebslam]
- Who said it: Carrie Bradshaw or The Dalai Lama? [Buzzfeed]