Last night, Katy Perry was recognized by the Dream Foundation at its annual gala for her efforts to “bring awareness to the importance of lending a hand to dreams that involve children who are facing the impending loss of a parent,” which is nice, and I can’t bag on Katy for being involved with such a cause. Where her fashion sense is concerned, however, Katy is still fair game for mockery. For the gala, she wore a full-length, floral Dolce & Gabbana dress, and the effect is rather underwhelming. Granted, Katy has been attempting to project a more grown-up look these days through a series of more serious (faux-gothy) and somewhat boring gowns. I can appreciate that she’s no longer pulling the fetishy, cotton-candy gimmick with her outfit choices, but the sudden move into more mature territory is off-putting at best.
Overall, this was an appropriate look for a gala, and since there were probably children present at the event, it’s nice that Katy didn’t oversexualize herself by having her rack or butt cheeks hanging out. I don’t really like the heaviness that her new hair extentions lend to her dyed-black hair. Maybe an updo with a few loose, curled tendrils would have been prettier. Her makeup was also typically masklike, but those chunky green earrings are a nice touch and all the more reason for an updo.
Katy’s dress did look better in motion than it did while posing on the red carpet.
Photos courtesy of WENN
Written by Bedhead
- Mariah Carey lip synced on American Idol [CDAN]
- Colin Firth is looking good [Lainey Gossip]
- Internet celebrity charged with murder! [D-Listed]
- What is Paz Vega wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- New bachelors on The Bachelorette [Reality Tea]
- Goodbye to The Office [Pajiba]
- Bachelor Sean’s fiance cheats on him [Evil Beet]
- Britney Spears out with her man [Popsugar]
- Nina Dobrev works it [Popoholic]
- Cindy Crawford needs to lay off the ‘tox [Celebslam]
- Who said it: Carrie Bradshaw or The Dalai Lama? [Buzzfeed]