Vince Vaughn has been notably absent from the promotional rounds for his hit movie Four Christmases, while Reese Witherspoon has been promoting it like her life depends on it. Is it because he’s trying to keep a low public profile leading up to his engagement?
In Touch has this, “Vince Vaughn is hoping to go from a Wedding Crasher to a wedding planner — he intends to propose to his girlfriend, Kyla Weber, over the New Year’s holiday. According to one of Vince’s buddies, the actor has already picked out a diamond engagement ring that is more than 4 carats and costs around $125,000.”
The magazine claims that the chatty source added, “Vince is ready to get married and has been for a while,” his pal explains. “He wants to start a family.” This all sounds very familiar if you flash back about a year and half as many reports had Vince and Jennifer married several times over.
The report notes that another sign that might suggest it’s the real deal is that “In September, the couple was spotted meeting with his parents in Chicago. Vince, 38, has dated many actresses, including Jennifer Aniston, but Kyla is a former real estate agent from a town near Calgary, Canada.”
I’m not sure how good a ‘pal’ this source can be of Vince’s, since he’s blowing the lid on his plans to ask his girlfriend to marry him. If Vince is planning a big romantic surprise, he’s not going to be pleased when his girlfriend reads about it online.
Unfortunately, the report mentions Jennifer Aniston several times over, including in the headline. If Vince does get married and have a family, will she get featured all over again as the woman who let the husband and kids get away?
I somewhat doubt Vince is getting engaged this weekend, I think the real reason he skipped the Four Christmases promotion was that the film just really isn’t that funny, Reese and Vince lack chemistry. Maybe they really didn’t get along on the film set, and he can’t be counted on like Reese to be polite and cheerful about their working relationship in interviews.
Vince Vaughn is shown out at the airport on 10/25/08. Credit: Bauergriffin.
Written by Helen
- Harry Styles & Kimberly Stewart going strong [Lainey]
- Demi Moore’s new man is gross [D-Listed]
- Fug or fab: Emma Stone [Go Fug Yourself]
- Arrest warrant issued for Jenelle Evans [Reality Tea]
- Only God Forgives review [Pajiba]
- Hugh Jackman, scooter master [Buzzfeed]
- Who does Drew Barrymore call her sister? [Evil Beet]
- Cannes couples past and present [Popsugar]
- Arrested Development supercut [CDAN]
- Lea Michele’s see through skirt [Celebslam]
- Cheating wife’s lover escapes out of window [Movin925]
- Joe Francis is crazy [Starcasm]