This is a boycott I can get behind. Supermodel and mom Cindy Crawford recently said that she’s implemented a ban on Disney’s hit show “Hannah Montana” because she says it’s been teaching her seven-year-old some bad habits- namely, talking back to her mom.
Cindy Crawford has banned her daughter from watching Hannah Montana.
The supermodel believes Kaya, 7, will become “sassy” if she starts watching the Miley Cyrus-starring Disney show.
Cindy says, “I love Hannah Montana, but she (daughter) learns to be sassy from that show.
“I’ll say to her, ‘I don’t let anyone talk to me like that. I’ll certainly not take it from a seven year old in my own house.’”
My daughter has been banned from watching the show too – but for different reasons. First, it’s the most annoying children’s show on TV. Not since “Barney and Friends” has a show tortured me so much. Second, I just can’t stand all the hype and commercialism surrounding the show. Hannah Montana has become a public commodity – her toothy grin is on everything from cereal boxes and backpacks to string cheese and toothpaste- and it doesn’t stop there. There are dolls, CDs, and that 3D movie. I just don’t want my daughter getting sucked into that and becoming a consumer slave to the Hannah Montana Empire. Every time she asked me for some Hannah merchandise, all I could think was, “This is contributing to the Billy Ray Cyrus Hair Weave Fund!”
I really don’t think Miley Cyrus is much of a role model for my kid. I’d rather have her idolize someone who isn’t a phony. I think we all know where “little miss innocent” is heading with the 20-year-old boyfriend, slutty photos and massive bank account, don’t we? Yeah. Destination: Britney.
Cindy Crawford, Kaya and Presley are shown at the Nautica Malibu Triathlon awards on 9/14/08. Credit: Fame
Written by MSat
- Who butchered the National Anthem? [D-Listed]
- Rob Lowe never ages [Lainey Gossip]
- What is Vanessa Hudgens wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- Summer guide to reality TV [Reality Tea]
- Game of Thrones recap [Pajiba]
- Tan Mom’s music video [Buzzfeed]
- Amanda Knox is broke [Starcasm]
- Backstage at the Billboard Awards [Popsugar]
- Miley is still stuck in the 90s [Popoholic]
- Blind Items revealed: Adam Levine [CDAN]
- Hugh Hefner bought Crystal Harris a house [Celebslam]
- What happened to Aimee Teegarden? [The Blemish]