Production has been temporary stopped on super-corny comedy “Cougar Town,” with ABC issuing a statement that star Courteney Cox needs time to deal with a “private family matter.” It all sounds so mysterious, and let’s hope that everything is ok for Cox, her husband David Arquette and their five year-old daughter, Coco.
Production on Cougar Town has been suspended for now while star Courteney Cox attends to a family matter.
Neither reps for Arquette, 45, nor the show disclosed what the issue was.
In a statement, an ABC rep says: “We can confirm production on Cougar Town has been temporarily shut down in order for Courteney to deal with a private family matter.”
There’s a lot of divorce speculation, and some are wondering if Cox is adopting or if she could be pregnant. It could really be anything, and I know I’ve used the “family matter” excuse when I wanted to get out of work for whatever reason. A couple of weeks ago, the National Enquirer reported that Courtney was very domineering and rude to crew on the set of “Cougar Town” and that she’d earned the nickname “mother hen” from fed up staff. She is also said to regularly demand last-minute script changes in order to present her character in the best light. Maybe she’s having some kind of conflict with producers and that’s why she’s stopped working.
The show is doing well in the ratings and has been picked up for another full season. I’m not a fan and had to switch it off midway into the second episode. I just don’t find it funny and seems like they’re trying way too hard. Sadly, ABC canceled one of my favorite new shows, “Eastwick,” while ordering another season of this mess. It’s making plenty of money for them so unless Cox doesn’t come back for whatever reason it will probably be on for a while.
Written by Celebitchy
- Who butchered the National Anthem? [D-Listed]
- Rob Lowe never ages [Lainey Gossip]
- What is Vanessa Hudgens wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- Summer guide to reality TV [Reality Tea]
- Game of Thrones recap [Pajiba]
- Tan Mom’s music video [Buzzfeed]
- Amanda Knox is broke [Starcasm]
- Backstage at the Billboard Awards [Popsugar]
- Miley is still stuck in the 90s [Popoholic]
- Blind Items revealed: Adam Levine [CDAN]
- Hugh Hefner bought Crystal Harris a house [Celebslam]
- What happened to Aimee Teegarden? [The Blemish]