Yesterday, Michelle Rodriguez posted the above photo on her official Twitter page. The caption read: “Hehehhehee Only in Austin can you find such Happy Nazi flag shooters look at the holes on this flag.” Oh… the flag has holes in it. It took me a second to see that because I was so freaked out that M-Rod was smiling while posing with a Swastika. What the hell, M-Rod?
‘Lost’ actress Michelle Rodriguez poses in front of a swastika flag in this picture posted on her official Twitter page. While the screen star appeared to be mocking Nazi supporters – whom the ancient symbol is often associated with – she nevertheless angered some fans.
Posting the image from Texas she wrote: “Hehehhehee Only in Austin can you find such Happy Nazi flag shooters look at the holes on this flag.”
But one fan said: “That is NOT cool. Even if I know you’re against the Nazi regime, it is INACCEPTABLE to pose in front of a swastika flag. Sorry Michelle, but that’s over the top.”
Earlier the 32-year-old posed with a massive weapon, saying: “Love me some range shootin;)” Her new film, ‘Machete’, was partly shot on location in Austin.
[From Splash via IDLYITW]
Is it just dumb or is it offensively dumb? I think the important little fact here is that the flag had been shot to hell, although it’s difficult to notice that right away. For some reason, that makes a difference, to me at least. It’s not like M-Rod was photo-bombing Hitler, for goodness sake, she was trying to point out that Texas rednecks had shot up a Nazi flag. Eh. Still… it’s in poor taste.
Written by Kaiser
- The Blemish interviews Carmen Electra [The Blemish]
- Rumer Willis joins Pretty Little Liars [Lainey Gossip]
- Morgan Freeman falls asleep during interview [D-Listed]
- Fug or fab: Isla Fisher [Go Fug Yourself]
- Tamra Barney confirms spinoff [Reality Tea]
- Movie franchises that rebounded [Pajiba]
- Why Dylan McKay is the perfect boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Saoirse Ronan could have been a Lohan [Evil Beet]
- GIFs from Cannes [Popsugar]
- Cat massages a dog [CDAN]
- Heather Graham is so pretty [Celebslam]
- What is Lucy Hale wearing? [Moe Jackson]