Aniston and Mayer on 5/10/08. Credit: Fame
UK’s The Mirror reports that John Mayer dumped Jennifer Aniston with a one line text message after the two had one of those “where is this going?” type of phone calls that didn’t end well. I wouldn’t normally be inclined to believe The Mirror, but they were the first to break the story that Aniston and Mayer had called it off and were well ahead of other outlets.
John Mayer sure knows how to treat a girl. We can reveal the cad singer dumped poor Jennifer Aniston by text.
A friend told us: “She is so intent on getting married and having children, he felt hemmed in. After a 20-minute phone conversation, he just said, ‘I can’t take it any more,’ and hung up. Then he texted, “That’s it – the end.”
That’s cold. At least meet with the person, or maybe talk to them on the phone. This might not even be true, though. MSNBC’s The Scoop reported that it was Jen who dumped John and she did it in part because he kept calling the paparazzi and tipping them off. They also said that John was cheap and would make Jen pay for everything.
Mayer was quick to tell the paparazzi that he was the one who ended the relationship because he didn’t want to waste Aniston’s time and that “I ended a relationship to be alone, because I don’t want to waste somebody’s time if somethings not right.” That was all crap according to MSNBC’s source, who says that Mayer is just trying to save face after he had his ass kicked to the curb.
Considering that The Mirror was the first to know that the relationship between them was over, and that now they’re saying Mayer dumped Aniston by text – do you think that Mayer is their source? I wouldn’t put it past him to develop a relationship with a tabloid, particularly one that’s overseas where he’s less likely to be found out.
Written by Celebitchy
- Mariah Carey lip synced on American Idol [CDAN]
- Colin Firth is looking good [Lainey Gossip]
- Internet celebrity charged with murder! [D-Listed]
- What is Paz Vega wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- New bachelors on The Bachelorette [Reality Tea]
- Goodbye to The Office [Pajiba]
- Bachelor Sean’s fiance cheats on him [Evil Beet]
- Britney Spears out with her man [Popsugar]
- Nina Dobrev works it [Popoholic]
- Cindy Crawford needs to lay off the ‘tox [Celebslam]
- Who said it: Carrie Bradshaw or The Dalai Lama? [Buzzfeed]