Here are some photos from the Paris premiere of The Hunger Games. Jennifer Lawrence didn’t wear gold! Thank God. She wore gold dresses to both the LA and London premieres, and don’t even yell at me. I know WHY she wore gold. But it still wasn’t a great idea to wear two gold gowns back-to-back. It also wasn’t a great idea to wear those particular gold gowns, just because neither of them were particularly flattering. So I’m glad to see J-Law in an LBD by Tom Ford. That’s a zipper!! The whole exposed back thing – that’s not piping. That’s a zipper. Do you like it? I kind of do.
Since I know J-Law is putting herself out there like another Kirsten Stewart (another young actress fronting a major franchise), let me say that in these photos particularly, I’m reminded of K-Stew. I think it’s Jennifer’s bad posture. This dress begs to “worked”. She’s supposed to be showing off her back, and J-Law has a great figure, so why is slumped? I think she’s uncomfortable in the dress. That’s what it seems like from these photos. Also – I really dislike her hair here. To me, the look on her face is “I should rethink these sketchy bangs.”
Oh, and here’s Elizabeth Banks in Marc Jacobs. While I haven’t loved every dress she’s worn for this promotional trail, Banks has been doing a much better job than Jennifer Lawrence. Banks really gives a crap about fashion, and it shows. This dress is kind of amazing too.
Photos courtesy of WENN.
Written by Kaiser
- True Blood premiere party photos [Buzzfeed]
- Who went to Courtney Cox’s birthday dinner? [Lainey]
- Guy freaks out at Wendy’s [D-Listed]
- Fug or Fab: Amy Adams [Go Fug Yourself]
- Real Housewives of New Jersey recap [Reality Tea]
- Community’s Dan Harmon apologizes [Pajiba]
- Ozzy and Sharon are back together [Evil Beet]
- Matt Latner wedding photos [Popsugar]
- Kanye West’s mistress changes her story [CDAN]
- Kate Moss is drunk [Celebslam]
- Maniac film review [Moe Jackson]
- Texas mom runs over carjacker [Starcasm]