I kind of feel like the Cannes Film Festival has gotten off to a slow start. I remember last year’s festival (I watched from afar) – last year’s was crazy at the beginning, and by Day 5, everyone was kind of bored. This year, organizers back-loaded it so that some of the biggest “name” celebrities will be showing up next week. Maybe this is smart – smaller films get more attention first, and then the glitz and glamour really comes to head in the middle and the end.
Anyway, on Thursday, Marion Cotillard was the star of the day with a photo call and premiere for her new film Rust and Bone. Marion wore Christian Dior for both events… and I find myself liking both of the ensembles. The peachy-pink of the day look could have washed her out terribly, but it ended up accentuating her beautiful skin. And the black ball gown is rather gorgeous. My one complaint – I think Marion’s giant hairpiece-bun thing is excessive. You can do a fancy up-do for the Cannes red carpet without it looking like you attached a coffee can to the back of your head.
We need to have a conversation about Marion’s Rust and Bone costar, Matthias Schoenbaerts. OMG. He’s so… pretty. I want one.
Fan Bing Bing in Elie Saab Couture. This is some Grey Gardens sh-t, right?
Eva Longoria in Emilio Pucci. Such an improvement from yesterday’s Marchesa!!! This is very pretty/boring on her – I would have changed her hair here.
Freida Pinto in Versace. Another improvement from yesterday’s Moonrise Kingdom red carpet. This color is very difficult to pull off, and I would never even attempt it. I think it works on her, though. And the design is very sexy. I want to straighten her up though – her body language tells me she’s not comfortable with the slit.
Jane Fonda in boring Stella McCartney. Your eye is supposed to be “fooled” into thinking Jane is super-skinny. It’s just… meh. Hate the shoulders too.
Photos courtesy of WENN.
Written by Kaiser
- Mariah Carey lip synced on American Idol [CDAN]
- Colin Firth is looking good [Lainey Gossip]
- Internet celebrity charged with murder! [D-Listed]
- What is Paz Vega wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- New bachelors on The Bachelorette [Reality Tea]
- Goodbye to The Office [Pajiba]
- Bachelor Sean’s fiance cheats on him [Evil Beet]
- Britney Spears out with her man [Popsugar]
- Nina Dobrev works it [Popoholic]
- Cindy Crawford needs to lay off the ‘tox [Celebslam]
- Who said it: Carrie Bradshaw or The Dalai Lama? [Buzzfeed]