It’s not like today’s earlier fashion post about Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens’ Venice photocall outfits was a big winner, but we still have lots of photos of them, so here you go. These are pics from last night’s Venice Film Festival premiere of (no joke) Spring Breakers. I seriously don’t understand why this film is being vetted in serious film festivals. Is this some kind of post-modern joke? Well, James Franco is involved, so the answer is obviously “ART. YES.” Honestly, though, reviews are coming out for the film, and the word everyone is using is “raunchy”. Ew.
For the premiere, Selena wore this Versace Atelier gown that I… don’t hate? I don’t love it on her, but it’s not as gaudy and age-inappropriate as that D&G dress from the photocall. I think she looks cute in the color – pale pink is flattering on her. It does feel “too mature” for her, but maybe I’m still seeing her as so child-like because of her baby face. Honestly, though… this whole gown and styling for Selena feels very Eva Longoria.
Meanwhile, Vanessa Hudgens wore Temperley London, a favorite label of Duchess Kate and Angelina Jolie. I actually thought “Jolie-esque” when I first saw this, not because Vanessa looks particularly like Angelina, but because of the sack-y nature of the gown, I think. Jolie loves a loose sack, and I guess Vanessa is down with that too.
FRANCO = ART.
Photos courtesy of WENN.
Written by Kaiser
- The Blemish interviews Carmen Electra [The Blemish]
- Rumer Willis joins Pretty Little Liars [Lainey Gossip]
- Morgan Freeman falls asleep during interview [D-Listed]
- Fug or fab: Isla Fisher [Go Fug Yourself]
- Tamra Barney confirms spinoff [Reality Tea]
- Movie franchises that rebounded [Pajiba]
- Why Dylan McKay is the perfect boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Saoirse Ronan could have been a Lohan [Evil Beet]
- GIFs from Cannes [Popsugar]
- Cat massages a dog [CDAN]
- Heather Graham is so pretty [Celebslam]
- What is Lucy Hale wearing? [Moe Jackson]