In a rare move, Rihanna toned down the sleaze and brought the glamour at the Met Gala. Is anyone else surprised that she’s not wearing tacky, cheap Stella McCartney like she did at last year’s event? I wonder what the story is there because RiRi usually loves her oddly-shaped, ill-fitting Stella designs. Strange.
For last night’s event, Rihanna wore a Tom Ford gown in a black crocodile-like fabric that was not only backless but was probably sewn onto her, never to be removed again. That body! Rihanna was covered up, but every nook and cranny is clearly visible, and the overall effect is surprisingly tasteful. The black nails are a little bit too much, but it’s the Met, so she gets a pass this time. To fully appreciate the shape of the dress on Rihanna’s body (and the Christian Louboutin heels), check out the side view.
Here’s the mid-length view, where you can really see how the fabric of the dress pops against the flashbulbs.
Rihanna’s makeup was quite simple with shades of nude for the lips and cheeks and a slightly more daring job in the eye department. She’s got such great bone structure.
Here’s the part of the dress that I like the most — the very dramatic back view. It’s sexy without being trashy and the way I wish Rihanna always dressed.
Photos courtesy of WENN and Pacific Coast News
Written by Bedhead
- Brad Pitt & Jimmy Fallon yodel [Pajiba]
- Jennifer Love Hewitt got her baby daddy a job [Lainey]
- D-Listed's comments are back! [D-Listed]
- What is Eva Longoria wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- Real Housewives of OC recap [Reality Tea]
- A candidate for next Taylor Swift boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Vintage gossip: Ava Gardner [Evil Beet]
- Popular celebrity baby names [Popsugar]
- Emma Roberts looking scrawny [Popoholic]
- Bear gets right next to guy in tree! [CDAN]
- Melissa Joan Hart and Ryan Reynolds? [Celebslam]
- Mariah Carey poses in monokini [Starcasm]